Many of my readers have written to ask me: “What are Top Rated Auto Insurance Companies In the United States?”
I’ve become the answer man for these types of questions. So, today I have donned the investigative hat and compiled this 2020 list of the Top 10 Auto Insurance Companies for you.
I recommend that you visit each of the companies below to find out which one meets your car insurance needs and your budget.
We use to be able to assume that our insurance companies were stable. However, given the 2008 collapse of our most “trusted” banks, we need to ask the question: Is my insurance company stable? Will they be able to pay my claims?
As we investigate the Top Rated Auto Insurance Companies In the United States, we will look at not only the quality of service but the most basic question of all: Will my car insurance company be around tomorrow? Thus, this list of Top 10 Auto Insurance Companies is based not only quality customer service but on your insurance companies ability to pay you.
In this assessment of car insurance ratings, we will also let you know who provides low rate car insurance so that you can acquire the best car insurance without paying too much. In order to assist you in your search, we will also investigate the average car insurance rate and explain what types of car insurance are there for you to choose from as this confuses many people: What types of car insurance are there that meet the requirement of the law? And, perhaps more importantly, what types of car insurance are there that meet the needs of you personally and of your pocket book.
So, let us begin our search by looking at the Top Rated Auto Insurance Companies In United States.
Top 10 Auto Insurance Companies
The rating of the top 10 auto insurance companies is based on their financial strength as well as the quality of service provided. Ratings are based on a grade average and each of the top 10 auto insurance companies has car insurance ratings of a B+ or higher.
- Progressive: Progress has been selected #1 of the Top Rated Auto Insurance Companies In the United States. They are the number one writer of standard car insurance and low rate car insurance through independent agencies, a leading writer of insurance for commercial autos, motorcycles, personal watercraft, boats and RVs. Rating: A+ (Superior)
- National General: Chosen as # 2 on the list of the top 10 auto insurance companies, National General Insurance is a company that provides a broad range of insurance and insurance-related products and services for individual consumers, as well as automotive dealerships and other businesses. Rating: A- (Excellent)
- Infinity: Infinity provides protection to those with a proven record of accident-free driving as well as those who have difficulty obtaining coverage due to a record of accidents or violations, their age, occupation or type of car they drive. They provide low rate car insurance as well as quality and always search for the best car insurance ratings.Rating: A (Excellent)
- Kemper Insurance: A relatively new name in car insurance ratings, Kemper Insurance is rated “Excellent” by A.M. Best. They have recently grown by over 140% to become one of the top 10 auto insurance companies nationwide. Rating: A (Excellent)
- Bristol West Insurance Group: Bristol West insurance products provide customers the security of a comprehensive range of automobile insurance coverage at low rate car insurance prices. Rating: A (Excellent)
- Auto Web Quote: Auto Web Quote was formed in response to the growing need to provide drivers with more accessible, reliable and low rate car insurance. Rating: A+ (Superior)
- Access Insurance Company: A relatively recent entrant into the Top Rated Auto Insurance Companies In United States, Access Insurance Company provides turnkey property/casualty insurance programs throughout the United States. Rating: A (Excellent)
- The Explorer Insurance Company: Though their name may be unfamiliar, they breached the list of the top 10 auto insurance companies with quality car insurance ratings. The Explorer Insurance Company offers comprehensive low rate car insurance products to both individuals/families and businesses. Rating: A- (Excellent)
- Western General Insurance Company: Western General Insurance Company and its affiliate companies, together with their Insuring partners are committed to provide you with unparalleled strength and stability for your service contract program. Rating: B++ (Good)
- esurance.com: From it’s humble beginnings, Esurance has quickly become one of the fastest growing low rate car insurance companies in the country and joined the list of the top 10 auto insurance companies. Rating: B+ (Good)
Average Car Insurance Rate
Now that we have assessed the Top Rated Auto Insurance Companies In United States, we need to know what are the Average Car Insurance Rates that people pay. When you receive a quote from one of the top 10 auto insurance companies, you need to know the average car insurance rate to determine if you are getting a good deal.
The average car insurance rate for drivers in the United States is approximately $1,548 annually. This average car insurance rate varies a good bit depending on age groups. For example, young drivers are traditionally a more high risk group and will thus pay more money for car insurance.
We have had many people email us asking questions such as What is the average cost of car insurance for a teenager? and Where can I find cheap insurance for high risk drivers?
Based on the overall average car insurance rate, we can surmise that the average cost of car insurance for a teenager and the cost of cheap insurance for high risk drivers will be in excess of the average car insurance rate by about 10-15%. Thus, the premium for these drivers may be about $1800 annually.
We encourage you to call the brokers on the above list of top 10 auto insurance companies to get a better idea of actual costs because insurance rates not only differ by age but by location.
You may even choose to do a google search of car insurance in your particular area. For example, if you live in Texas, do a google search for “teen car insurance in Texas”.
What Types Of Car Insurance Are There
As you investigate the Top Rated Auto Insurance Companies In United States, you will want to be armed with as much knowledge as possible.
Since this will be one of the larger monthly payment that you make each month, we find that there are many people who want to know What types of car insurance are there? and What types of car insurance are required by law?
Types of Car Insurance
The different Types of Car Insurance can generally be broken down into two categories: Insurance that protects other drivers and car insurance that protects you. Insurance that protects the other guy is called liability insurance or liability coverage. There are three types of liability coverage:
- Property Damage Liability: Replacements and repairs for the other guy if the accident is your fault.
- Bodily Injury Liability: Covers other people’s injuries if the accident is your fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured Motorist Coverage: Helps you if the other motorist has no coverage.
There are other types of coverage that protect you. Usually, these are not required by law. This type of insurance falls into the following 3 categories:
- Collision: Covers your car repair if the accident was your fault.
- Comprehensive: Fixes or replaces your car if any form of accident occurs.
- Medical: Covers medical expenses incurred from an injury.
What Types of Car Insurance Are Required by Law
Now that we have investigated what types of car insurance there are, the all important question is: do you have to have car insurance?
And the answer is YES!
Usually, some form of liability insurance is required in every state. Requirements and enforcements differ by state. Wikipedia states the following:
In the United States, auto insurance covering liability for injuries and property damage done to others is compulsory in most states, though enforcement of the requirement varies from state to state.
You may want to view this article to find out more about which vehicle insurance is required for your particular state.
In this article we have looked at the Top Rated Auto Insurance Companies In the United States. Among these, the top 10 auto insurance companies all search for the best car insurance ratings to provide you with the best low rate car insurance.
Additionally, we have looked at the average car insurance rates and what types of car insurance are there for you.
The law requires you to get car insurance. Use this list of the Top Rated Auto Insurance Companies In the United States to ensure that you are with a great insurance company or to find the best car insurance company to protect you and others on the road.
Get your copy of his latest book entitled Obvious Conclusions, stories of a Midwestern emigrant influenced and corrupted by many years living in San Francisco and abroad. It just received its first outstanding review "...reminiscent of David Sedaris or Augusten Burroughs" on Amazon UK.
Latest posts by Richard Cummings (see all)
- When Will I Receive My Stimulus Check? Is there a 2nd stimulus check going out? - December 31, 2020
- Second Stimulus Check:December, 29th 2020 Updates [Checks Are Coming!] - December 31, 2020
- The End of Her by Shari Lapena:A Book Review by Richard Cummings - December 27, 2020